A toddler was left with severe burns over almost all of his body after a water heater suddenly exploded while his parents were giving him a bath.
The incident occurred inside the bathroom of an apartment building in the Liaoning capital of Shenyang on June 13. Images from the bathroom show what looks like a disaster zone with the sink ripped from the wall.
All three family members were badly burned in the explosion with the 17-month-old child reportedly receiving burns to 95 percent of his body.
They are all now reported to be out of a state of burn shock but it’s unclear how long full recovery may take.
The company that manufactured the water heater has sent the family 50,000 yuan ($7,000) as a donation and recommended that the matter should be further pursued in court.