A ten year old girl, Niu Niu, from Jiangsu province, shocked doctors when they found a 9cm ‘rock’ of hair in her stomach. Niu Niu has reportedly been in the habit of chewing and eating her hair since she was two years old. Her parents discovered their daughter’s strange habit when she began vomiting after eating, and displayed little appetite for food.
As Shanghaiist editor Ben Cost remarked when told of this story, this is what happens when you ban hair vegetable.
Related (worse): Here Is a Woman Who Eats Cat Hair Right Off Her Cat | Gawker.