It happened again. Another 5-year-old boy in Zhejiang province got his head stuck inside a plastic water pipe on Tuesday. By the time his parents found him, he was unable to speak or weep.
According to NetEase, the accident occurred when the boy’s parents were busy serving customers inside their shop, not paying any attention to their curious kid, who happened to be playing around with an L-shaped water pipe. Unfortunately, when he put his head inside the pipe, he couldn’t get it back out. He was only able to weep softly until his parents came to look for him.
Which took a good 30 minutes. Finally his negligent parents noticed what had happened to their darling boy and called the police. Officers decided that they couldn’t do anything for the kid who was now breathing shallowly and transferred the rescue over to firefighters. 20 minutes later, they were able to carefully free the boy from the pipe, using a certain set of tools.
His parents told reporters that their son always played around while they minded the shop. Police would like to remind parents to not do this and to keep kids away from dangerous objects — like water pipes.
To add to that list, keep your kids away from: window gratings, walls, a wells, massage tables and a squat toilets.
Meanwhile, adults should also be careful around washing machines, unless you’re looking to change your race.
By Katie Ngai
[Images via NetEase]