Shanghaiist is looking for a part-time weekend editor who will manage a team of editorial assistants to cover a wide spectrum of life in Shanghai/China, including: arts, culture, sports, music, food, parties, events, business, human rights, politics, environment, LGBT issues, religion, technology, etc.
This position is based in Shanghai, China and may lead to a full-time job.
- Very likely a long-time Shanghaiist reader and Shanghai resident
- A native English speaker fluent enough in Chinese to be able to translate
- Able to write under pressure and time constraint
- A meticulous fact checker, proofreader and copyeditor
- A motivated self-starter and a team player
- Intelligent, funny, sharp, witty, sarcastic, opinionated, thick-skinned
- A China news junkie and a very active social media user
- Reliable, stable and take responsibility for everything you do
- A demonstrable talent for finding and telling great stories for web audiences
- Extensive experience in writing, editing, proofreading, and translation
- An ability to produce crisp, clear, compelling, creative and informative copy
If that’s you we’re looking for, send your resume and portfolio to [email protected] and tell us why we need to hire you.